Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Update

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I kind of took a personal strike from blogger because no one was reading... but I have missed my blogger community and I know that the people that do read my blog (and don't leave comments) are missing my updates.

We successfully moved to Woodland, CA as of May 15th and Ryan is adjusting to working with the youth group here at the church and I am adjusting to not "working" (although being a stay at home mom is really hard work). The church here is growing slowly but surely. The outreach church that we are sistering with is a great help to the youth group and Ryan is getting connected to local churches in the area to participate in activities.

I am waiting on my certification to come into California so I can teach full time next year. It is a long process to be patient and wait, but I am trying to stay positive and know that everything will work out.

We just put an offer in on our third house that we've wanted. The other two didn't work out (although one of them just came back on the table, but that's another story) so we are hoping that this one will work out. Here is a picture of it. It's a Tuscan Revival home that is two stories with an unfinished basement that we plan on finishing.


My family came out for a visit at the end of may for a week and Jezreel, Ryan, and I went to all different places. We went to Napa Valley and saw a gazer there, San Francisco to Alcatraz, the zoo in Sacramento, berry picking in Woodland, the jelly belly factory in Vacaville, and playing at the park. We had a great time visiting with my family and it was great to go and see some interesting sites. Here are some pictures from our adventures....

Tying to give the goat a kiss She couldn't stop laughing at the goats


We all squeezed into a tram cart together so Walking down the steps at Coit Tower.
we wouldn't have to walk down the hill.


Jezreel and me My smiley happy girl


Loving daddy In the Kangaroo pouch with her uncle Adam

2 comments:

Kori said...

Thanks for updating us...I'm glad to hear that things are going well. Good luck on the house.

mamajoy said...

It is great to hear from you and I know that my sister loves being close to you and especially Jez. Great pictures of the family.
Love, Aunt Joy