Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lots of new and exciting things

So I got a job as a pre-school teacher (only part time, but I will be teaching) so that means that Ryan and I are moving next weekend (August 8-9) because we have to be out of our aparment by the 10th of August. We are hoping to be able to move in early so we aren't doing everything at once.



Jez is getting bigger by the day and crawling around now. I'm waiting on pics from my parents (because my camera is horrible) from when we went to Tennessee so I can post those.



Life is a little stressful right now and I sometimes forget to relax and end up taking my stress out on Ryan. He is very patient with my mood swings and loves me none the less. I just hope that I can one day resist the urge to get angry so quickly and take it out on Ryan. That is the biggest struggle that I have. I feel so bad for it afterwards, but when it's happening I just get out of control and can't stop my anger. I don't ever get violent because I don't believe in that.. I just raise my voice and yell at Ryan. The devil definatly has a strong foothold on me in this department. I pray everyday that I can learn to release my stress to God and allow myself to rely on him to take care of everything. Because I do know in my heart that he will take care of everything eventually. It is such a hard thing sometimes to rely on someone that you don't see, you don't always feel the presence of, or even think that they are listening to you. But I do know that God is always around, he is always taking care of me, and he loves me unconditionally.

I am starting a new book called the Power of a Praying wife with the women at my church. I really hope that this will not only give me the opportunity to learn how to pray for my husband, but to converse with other women and talk to them about their frustrations of being a wife and a mother.

3 comments:

rich jandt said...

Hello, we havnt met yet but my name is Rich Jandt. I think Ryan will remember me. You guys should call me at 503 490 0476. Also let ryan know I can take him.

Tim said...

You are awesome. And so is Rich.

Kori said...

Emily,
I am excited to hear that you havbe a new job ahead of you. I will keep all of the transitions your family will be facing in prayer. Best of luck!